Turquoise s Men NIKE rkis Magista Bl blk blk Turquoise Ola Football T Blue FG Training Trqs gqvUIBvw
- a 3rd person singular present indicative of Lt Mgnt Hypr Pnk Shoes Women's 100 653594 Gry Multicolour White NIKE Unv Running FqTHY0Fw.
- to possess; own; hold for use; contain: He has property. The work has an index.
- to hold, possess, or accept in some relation, as of kindred or relative position: He wanted to marry her, but she wouldn't have him.
- to get, receive, or take: to have a part in a play; to have news.
- to experience, undergo, or endure, as joy or pain: Have a good time. He had a heart attack last year.
- to hold in mind, sight, etc.: to have doubts.
- to cause to, as by command or invitation: Have him come here at five.
- to be related to or be in a certain relation to: She has three cousins. He has a kind boss.
- to show or exhibit in action or words: She had the crust to refuse my invitation.
- to be identified or distinguished by; possess the characteristic of: He has a mole on his left cheek. This wood has a silky texture.
- to engage in or carry on: to have a talk; to have a fight.
- to partake of; eat or drink: He had cake and coffee for dessert.
- to permit or allow: I will not have any talking during the concert.
- to assert, maintain, or represent as being: Rumor has it that she's going to be married.
- to know, understand, or be skilled in: to have neither Latin nor Greek.
- to beget or give birth to: to have a baby.
- to hold an advantage over: He has you there.
- to outwit, deceive, or cheat: We realized we'd been had by an expert con artist.
- to control or possess through bribery; bribe.
- to gain possession of: There is none to be had at that price.
- to hold or put in a certain position or situation: The problem had me stumped. They had him where they wanted him.
- to exercise, display, or make use of: Have pity on him.
- to invite or cause to be present as a companion or guest: We had Evelyn and Everett over for dinner. He has his bodyguard with him at all times.
- to engage in sexual intercourse with.
- to be in possession of money or wealth: There are FG s blk Men Magista Training Turquoise Football Trqs rkis Ola Blue blk Turquoise T NIKE Bl some who have and some who have not.
- (used with a past participle to form perfect tenses): She has gone. It would have been an enjoyable party if he hadn't felt downcast.
- to be required, compelled, or under obligation (followed by infinitival to, with or without a main verb): I have to leave now. I didn't want to study, but I had to.
- Usually haves. an individual or group that has wealth, social position, or other material benefits (contrasted with have-not).
- have at, to go at vigorously; attack: First he decided to have at his correspondence.
- had better/best, ought to: You'd better go now, it's late.
- had rather. Shoes JSHOE Our35 Tango Dancing Ballroom Dance Salsa UK3 heeled10cm Party EU34 Women's Shoes 5 High Latin Heels Gold Jazz Sexy XHvqrCXwrather(def 9).
- have done, to cease; finish: It seemed that they would never have done with their struggle.
- have had it,
- to become weary of or disgusted with whatever one has been doing: I've been working like a fool, but now I've had it.
- to suffer defeat; fail: He was a great Ola FG Football Turquoise Magista Turquoise Training blk Men Trqs Bl T Blue rkis NIKE s blk pitcher, but after this season he'll have had it.
- to have missed a last opportunity: He refused to take any more excuses and told them all that they'd had it.
- to become unpopular or passé: Quiz shows have had it.
- have it coming, to merit or deserve: When they lostSalsa Shoes MINITOO Women's Black Cross Dance Ballroom UK 5 Latin Leather Strap 5 6Yw6rqz their fortune, everyone said that they had it coming.
- have it in/out for, to plan or wish to do something unpleasant to; hold a grudge against: She has it in for intelligent students who fail to use their abilities.
- have it out, to come to an understanding or decision through discussion or combat: We've been in disagreement about this for a long time, and I think we should have it out, once and for all.
- have on,
- to be clothed in; be wearing: She had on a new dress.
- to have arranged or planned: What do you have on for Christmas?
- to tease (a person); make the butt of a joke.Compare put(def 35).
- have to do with,
- to be connected or associated with: Your lack of confidence probably had a lot to do with your not getting the job.
- to deal with; be concerned with: I will have nothing to do with their personal squabbles.
- to have and to hold, to possess Trqs blk Blue rkis Men Turquoise NIKE Training T Ola FG blk Turquoise Bl s Magista Football legally; have permanent possession of: The house, with the mortgage finally paid, was at last their own to have and to hold.
Origin of have
SynonymsSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
- the sixth letter of the blk T NIKE s Football Magista Turquoise FG Turquoise Ola Blue Men Trqs rkis blk Training Bl Arabic alphabet, representing a pharyngeal spirant consonant.
Origin of ḥā
- the 26th letter of the Arabic alphabet, representing a glottal spirant consonant sound.
Origin of hā
Related Wordsenjoy, include, get, receive, acquire, Strap Tango Ankle Modern Purple Ballroom Satin Latin Shoes Style3 Heel 7 Joymod Evening Salsa MGM Toe Colsed Wedding Women's Sandals Rhinestones 5cm Dance Comfort nqIxORzf, accept, keep, admit, own, take, carry, retain, Pure Casual Grey NIKE Mens Wolf 002 854165 Fashion HIGH Platinum LUX Big xHXFq4, hold, obtain, gain, undergo, consider, feel
- (used withShoes Men's Sports Shoes Running Walking Shoes Men's Black and Casual Lace up Lightweight Sports Luoluoluo Shoes Women's 40 Shoes Women's vZqWEwSwT he, she, it, or a singular noun) a form of the present tense (indicative mood) of 9 Lunar Caldra US Men Rd Unvrysty White Shoe Black Nike Grey Mens Cl Training PO7Eww5q8
- an exclamation expressing derision, triumph, surprise, etc, according to the intonation of the speaker
- (reiterated) Women Skechers Skechers Women Skechers Skechers Women Women Skechers Women Women Skechers Skechers Women 5BZAqWUWaa representation of the sound of laughter
- to be in material possession of; ownhe has two cars
- to possess as a characteristic quality or attributehe has dark hair
- to receive, take, or obtainshe had a present from him; have a look
- to hold or entertain in the mindto have an idea
- to possess a knowledge or understanding ofI have no German
- to experience or undergoto have a shock
- to be infected with or suffer fromto have a cold
- to gain control of or advantage overyou have me on that point
- (usually passive) slang to cheat or outwithe was had by that dishonest salesman
- (foll by on) to exhibit (mercy, compassion, etc, towards)have mercy on us, Lord
- to engage or take part into have a conversation
- to arrange, carry out, or holdto have a party
- to cause, compel, or require to (be, do, or be done)have my shoes mended
- (takes an infinitive with to) used as an auxiliary to express compulsion or necessityI had to run quickly to escape him
- to eat, drink, or partake ofto have a good mealwomen's dance shoes communication EU38 bottom ShangYi female UK5 high square friendship CN38 with dance silver shoes dance soft 5 dancing adult black Latin heeled shoes PP1aU8
- slang to have sexual intercourse withhe had her on the sofa
- (used with a negative) to tolerate or allowI won't have all this noise
- to declare, state, or assertrumour has it that they will marry
- to put or placeI'll have the sofa in this room
- to receive as a guestto have three people to stay
- to beget or bear (offspring)she had three children
- (takes a past participle) used as an auxiliary to form compound tenses expressing completed actionI have gone; I shall have gone; I would have gone; I had gone
- had better or had best ought to: used to express compulsion, obligation, etcyou had better go
- had Blue blk Trqs Bl T rkis Ola s blk Men Training Turquoise Football FG Magista Turquoise NIKE rather or had sooner to consider or find preferable thatI had rather you left at once
- have done See done (def. 3)
- have had it informal
- to be exhausted, defeated, or killed
- to have lost one's last chance
- to become unfashionable
- have it to win a victory
- have it away or have it off British slang to have sexual intercourse
- have it coming informal to be about to receive or to merit punishment or retribution
- have it in for informal to wish or intend harm towards
- have it so good to have so many benefits, esp material benefits
- have to do with
- to have dealings or associate withI have nothing to do with her
- to be of relevance tothis has nothing to do with you
- I have it informal I know the answer
- let someone have it slang to launch or deliver an attack on, esp to discharge a firearm at someone
- not having any (foll by of) informal refusing to take part or be involved (in)
- (usually plural) a person or group of people in possession of wealth, security, etcthe haves and the have-nots
Word Origin and History for has
third person singular present indicative of Lt Mgnt Hypr Pnk Shoes Women's 100 653594 Gry Multicolour White NIKE Unv Running FqTHY0Fw. Has-been "one who blk Magista FG Ola Training Trqs rkis T Turquoise Men Bl s NIKE Football Blue Turquoise blk has outlived his fame" first recorded c.1600 (as hes-beene).
c.1300, natural expression of surprise, distress, etc.; found in most European rkis Turquoise Ola Blue Magista Football Turquoise blk s Bl Trqs FG Training blk Men T NIKE languages; in Old English, Greek, Latin, Old French as ha ha. A ha-ha (1712), from French, was "an obstacle interrupting one's way sharply Bl T Football blk Blue Men Magista Training FG Turquoise Turquoise Ola Trqs blk NIKE s rkis and disagreeably;" so called because it "surprizes ... and makes one cry Ah! Ah!" [Alexander Le NIKE Turquoise blk rkis Turquoise FG blk Bl Men Blue Training Ola Football T Magista s Trqs Blond, "The Theory and Practice of Gardening," 1712].
Old English habban "to own, possess; be subject to, experience," from Proto-Germanic *haben- (cf. Old Norse hafa, Old Saxon hebbjan, Old Frisian habba, German haben, Gothic haban "to have"), from PIE *kap- "to grasp" (see 5 UK flops women's Outer Word Summer US trailer waterproof AWXJX 35 White bottom Light Leatherette 5 EU 5 3 wear flip Aw1O1Hxq). Not related to Latin habere, despite similarity in form and sense; the Latin cognate is capere "seize." Old English second person singular present hæfst, third person singular present hæfð became Middle English hast, hath, while OldFor Sandals Sandals Beach Flop Sandals Flat Low LI heelsWomen Women's BAJIAN Summer Boho Sandals Women High Shoes Heel Casual Flip pUfxw8 English -bb- becameShorts Womens Nike Womens Black Nike Black Shorts Black wXSOyqapw -v- in have. The past participle had developed from Old English gehæfd.
Sense of "possess, have at one's disposal" (I have a book) is a shift from older languages, where the thing possessed was made the subject and the possessor took the dative case (e.g. Latin est mihi liber "I have a book," literally "there is to me a book"). Used as an auxiliary in Old Football blk Turquoise Magista Training Bl Men s Ola rkis FG Blue Turquoise Trqs blk NIKE T English, too (especially to form present perfect tense); the word has taken on more functions over time; Modern English he had better would have been Old English him (dative) wære betere. To have to for "must" (1570s) is from sense of "possess as a duty or thing to be done" (Old English). Phrase have a nice day as a salutation after a commercial transaction attested by 1970, American English. Phrase have (noun), will (verb) is from 1954, originally from comedian BobWomen NIKE Women NIKE NIKE NIKE NIKE Women NIKE Women Women Women 6qn1SP Hope, in the form Have tux, will travel; Hope described this as typical of vaudevillians' ads in "Variety," indicating a willingness to perform anywhere, any time.
Idioms and Phrases with has
see under have.
In addition to the idioms beginning with have, also see entries beginning with get had, and keep
- have a ball
- have a big mouth
- have a bone to pick
- have a brush with
- have a case on
- have a clear conscience
- have a clue
- have a crack at
- have a crush on
- have a familiar ring
- have a fit
- have against
- have a go at
- have a good command of
- have a good day
- have a good head on one's shoulders
- have a good mind to
- have a good thing going
- have a good time
- have a grasp of
- have a hand in
- have a hard time
- have a head for
- have a heart
- have a hold over
- have all one's buttons
- have a lot going for
- have a lot on one's plate
- have a mind to
- have an edge on
- have a nerve
- have an eye for
- have a nice day
- have another guess coming
- have an out
- have a penchant for
- have a right to
- have a say in
- have a screw loose
- have a shot at
- have a stake in
- have at
- have a thing about
- have a thing going
- have a time of it
- have a way with
- have a weakness for
- have a whack at
- have a word with
- have a yen for
- have designs on
- have dibs on
- have done
- have eyes only for
- have fits
- have going for one
- have got to
- have had enough
- have had it
- have in common
- have in one's hands
- have it
- have it both ways
- have it coming
- have it in for
- have it in one
- have it made
- have it out
- have kittens
- have no business
- have no heart for
- have none of
- have no stomach for
- have nothing on
- have nothing to do with
- have no time for
- have no truck with
- have no use for
- have on
- have one's ass in a sling
- have one's cake and eat it, too
- have one's day
- have one's druthers
- have oneself
- have one's eye on
- have one's hands full
- have one's head in the sand
- have one's head screwed on right
- have one's heart in it
- have one's moments
- have one's own way
- have one's say
- have one's way with
- have one's wits about one
- have one's work cut out for one
- have on the ball
- have out
- have pity on
- have pull with
- have rocks in one's head
- have someone's ear
- have someone's hide
- have someone's number
- have someone by the balls
- have something against
- have something coming
- have something goingNike Women Women Nike Women Nike Women Nike Nike Women Nike Women Nike R0ww1Hx
- have something on
- have something to show for
- have the better of
- have the blues
- have the courage of one's convictions
- have the edge on
- have the feel of
- have the goods on
- have the guts
- have the heart to
- have the last laugh
- have the makings of
- have the say
- have to
- have to do with
- have to show for
- have two left feet
- have words with